So I’m determined to use all products in my makeup collection so decided to do monthly shop my stash projects. I will be uploading videos each month onto my YouTube channel showing which products I’ll be using for that month. In March I didn’t do a video as wasn’t doing a shop my stash as such. We went on holiday & I packed my travel makeup bag and actually ended up using the products in there for the whole month & enjoyed using them which gave me the idea of doing monthly shop my stash projects.
So in March I used the following products:-
• LAURA MERCIER FOUNDATION PRIMER.
I really enjoy using this primer. The consistency is gel like. It’s really hydrating on the skin. It’s a perfect canvas for makeup application. I would definitely recommend it.
• MILK MAKEUP COOLING WATER STICK.
I love this. It’s a solid balm and is so cooling on the skin. Very hydrating & refreshing.
• SIMPLE HYDRATING BOOSTER.
This is actually a skincare product but I thought it could actually work well as a primer. I won’t lie but I didn’t even use this product this month.
• ARGAN LIQUID GOLD BB CREAM.
I put this in this month however prior to applying it it didn’t look right so had to throw it away. However, I’ve obviously used it in the past and it’s not a bad BB cream. It does leave you with glowy skin but I don’t think this product is anything special.
* I unfortunately don’t have a photo of this as threw it away.
• LANCÔME TEINT IDOLE ULTRA WEAR FOUNDATION.
I really like this foundation. It gives close to full coverage and left my skin looking & feeling flawless.
* I unfortunately don’t have a photo of this as threw it away.
• MARCELLE GOLDEN GLOW BB CREAM.
I’d heard a lot of hype about this particular product so was looking forward to using it throughout the month. After the first use I was very unsure as to what to think about it. On using it a second time I began to like it more. It does give you a golden glow. I was tanned as was on holiday and felt it made my skin look orange however everyone was telling me my skin wasn’t orange so must of just been me.
• NARS RADIANT CREAMY CONCEALER.
OMG 😮 This concealer has fast become a holy grail product of mine. I absolutely love the consistency of it and the coverage, well what can I say. It has AMAZING coverage. It totally conceals those pesky bags and dark circles and any imperfections. I can’t speak any more highly of this product. Love it & highly recommend it.
• COLLECTION ILLUMINATING PRESSED POWDER.
To me I don’t feel there’s much difference between pressed powders. I feel they all do the same job & work in the same way. This one sets my makeup well & gives a bit of a glow.
* I unfortunately don’t have a photo of this as it smashed so threw it away.
• BENEFIT GIMME BROW.
I absolutely love Benefit brow products & this one doesn’t disappoint. So easy and quick to apply.
• MODEL LAUNCHER BROW’Z.
I enjoy using this brow pencil. Easy to apply & perfect shade for me.
• REVOLUTION X SOPH EXTRA SPICE EYESHADOW PALETTE.
So this month was the first time I actually tried this eyeshadow palette and it didn’t disappoint. An array of looks can be created with this eyeshadow palette and each shade is very well pigmented.
• LOTTIE LONDON EYE FOIL IN THE SHADE NAME SELL OUT.
This is a purple glittery shade eyeshadow topper. Unfortunately I didn’t get to use it this month therefore it remains still sealed.
• LOTTIE LONDON EYE FOIL IN THE SHADE NAME SAVAGE.
This is a light pink shimmery eyeshadow topper. Really pretty. Easy to blend. Got lots of compliments whilst wearing it.
• ESSENCE LASH PRINCESS MASCARA.
I absolutely love this mascara. It definitely dupes & rivals the Benefit mascaras which I absolutely love. It’s a definite dupe for them & ONLY £3.30. It really lifts, curls and thickens my lashes.
• MISS SPORTY 100% ROCK PUMP UP BOOSTER MASCARA.
Another mascara which I’ve really been enjoying wearing. Definitely gives your lashes volume. The wand is big and can get clumpy so if you don’t like that in a mascara I don’t think you’d like this one.
• BENEFIT HIGH BEAM.
This is a pink shade liquid highlighter. Really pretty. I’ve been enjoying using it on the usual parts of your face you highlight after applying foundation and prior to using setting powder. A glow from within.
• BENEFIT DANDELION TWINKLE.
This month was the first time I actually used this highlighter. Such a pretty peachy shade. A very subtle highlighter.
• REVOLUTION BRONZER.
I got this bronzer from the 2016 Revolution advent calendar. It’s a perfect shade for me and is an okay product.
• TOO FACED LOVE FLUSH BLUSH IN THE SHADE NAME BABY LOVE.
Ive really loved using this product this month. It’s a lovely mauvy/pinky shade. Very pretty & well pigmented.
• PIXI BY PETRA BEAUTY BLUSH DUO IN THE SHADE NAME PEACH HONEY.
This is a lovely shimmery blusher, a peach shade and a golden shade which work really well separately or mixed together as a blush topper and/or highlighter.
* You can only get this product in a set.
• MODEL CO X KARL LAGERFELD BLUSHER.
This blusher doesn’t have a shade name. I got it in a beauty subscription box. It’s a baked blusher but personally I feel it’s more of a blush topper and/or highlighter which is how I much prefer to use it. Very pretty shade though and well pigmented.
* Unable to link as don’t know the shade name.
• LOTTIE LONDON GLITTER SWITCH LIQUID LIPSTICK IN THE SHADE NAME WANTED.
This is one of those liquid lipsticks where you apply it, wait 1 minute for it to dry down then pucker your lips & glitter appears. It’s a beautiful mauve/pink shade. I’m not that sure I like the formula of it. It’s got a thick texture which gets gloopy. Have to use a very light hand. It does give you glitter lips though which do look stunning.
• SOAP & GLORY SEXY MOTHER PUCKER EXTREME PLUMP XL CLEAR PLUMPING LIPGLOSS.
I do love a good lip plumper as I have very thin lips. It gives you the tingling sensation so if you don’t like that you might not like this product although it’s not an extreme feeling as the name suggests. It has a chocolate scent & taste to it, yummy. I like to use it prior to applying my lip product & it does plump my lips a little.
• COVERGIRL TINTED LIPBALM.
I don’t know the exact name or shade of this product. It’s a lovely nude shade tinted lipbalm which really moisturises your lips well whilst giving it a lovely tint of colour.
* I’m unable to link this product as unsure of the shade name & Covergirl products are not readily available in the U.K.
• MAYBELLINE BABY LIPS IN HYDRATE.
This is just your typical, standard lipbalm. It really does hydrate your lips well.
• ZOELLA BEAUTY SO SOFT LIP OIL.
This product definitely gives your lips much needed TLC. Super hydrating & soothing. Smells & tastes lush too. Would look lovely over a matte lipstick too.
• LOTTIE LONDON GLOSS’D SUPER-CHARGE GLOSS OIL TINT IN THE SHADE NAME ICED.
I love the idea of this product. It’s like a 3 in 1 product. A gloss, oil & a tint. It does everything it says in the name. Leaves your lips shiny, tinted & hydrated. The shade Iced is a really pretty light pink shade.
• LAQA & CO CLOUD LIPS LIPSTICK IN THE SHADE NAME DAYDREAM.
This lipstick is a mauve shade. It gives a satin finish. Really pretty shade. Super creamy formula and very well pigmented.
• ESSENCE LIPLINER IN THE SHADE NAME 12 WISH ME A ROSE.
This is a pencil lipliner. Really pretty summery pink shade. Helps lipstick stay on longer.
• MODEL CO X KARL LAGERFELD LIPLINER.
I’m not going to lie to you but I didn’t even use this product this month.
* Unable to link product as no shade name.
• SMASHBOX PHOTO FINISH PRIMER WATER.
I love this product. Very refreshing & hydrating. Works well at both a primer & a setting spray. I really must try putting it in the fridge before use as I can imagine it would be even more refreshing than it usually is.
So that’s all of the products I used this month. I’ve carried the following products over into April:-
• Laura Mercier Foundation Primer.
• Simple Hydrating Booster.
• Nars Radiant creamy concealer.
• Lottie London Eye Foil in the shade name Sell Out.
• Essence lipliner in the shade name 12 Wish Me A Rose.
• Model Co X Karl Lagerfeld lipliner.
I managed to rid my makeup collection of 3 products this month:-
• Argan Liquid Gold BB Cream which was ?out of date.
• Lancôme foundation which I used all up.
• Collection pressed powder which I smashed, ooops.
Those 3 products actually come to a combined cost of £34.37 so I’m pleased with that.
Well that brings me to the end of this blog post. Thank you so much for reading & I’ll be back next month for April’s edition.
Until next time,
#LauraMercier #MilkMakeup #Simple #ArganLiquidGold #Lancome #Marcelle #Nars #Collection #Benefit #ModelLauncher #Revolution #RevolutionXSoph #Sophdoesnails #Lottie #Essence #MissSporty #TooFaced #PixiByPetra #ModelCo #KarlLagerfeld #ModelCoXKarlLagerfeld #Soap&Glory #Covergirl #Maybelline #Zoella #Laqa&Co #Smashbox